Our patent reviews are proving extremely popular with inventors who wish to draft their own provisional patent application using our toolkit. So, time for some more info re this offering:
The process is simple. Inventors prepare their own provisional patent specification (with forms) and send it to us for review by one of our patent attorneys. The review provides high-level feedback (in tracked text). We do not re-write the patent, but guide the inventor through the process, suggesting:
- wording for the first paragraph of the Summary;
- other features / methods that should be described in the patent;
- areas where additional drawings / information / descriptions are required;
- format changes, as required by law; and
- wording / paragraphs that should be deleted.
We also ensure that the accompanying forms are properly completed, and provide our thoughts (of questionable value) regarding the patent in general.
The cost of a review is R1,450. And, we will gladly file the application at the Patent Office on your behalf for an additional R600.